MAKE A DIFFERENCE - Outreach
The SCCOAN Outreach Department (The SCCOAN O.D.) is called to take the SCCOAN community to work beyond its boundaries in unexpected ways and to provide for the needs of others. Our three ministries, Fishers of Men (FOM) Evangelism Ministry, Prison Ministry, and Prayer Ministry flow from the department and consist of ministry groups that are supported by volunteers who serve with compassion. Fisher’s of Men (FOM) Evangelism Ministry is comprised of four ministry groups: Christian Shelter, the Evangelism Education Department (EED) and Urban Evangelism. Within each group are nine activity groups that have trained members to develop and utilize their God-given skills to win souls for the Kingdom.
Ministry areas and services offered
- Christian Shelter Ministry — the love of Christ is shared with those less fortunate by providing worship services, hot, freshly prepared meals and ministry from our Creative Arts area.
- The two shelters we currently service are Safe House (1st Sunday) and fresh oil Day Shelter (2nd Sunday).
- The Initiative outreach where we invite and transport the less fortunate within our community to Worship service, and provide them with meals, clothes, toiletries and hairstyles/haircuts.
- The Evangelism Education Department (EED) trains leaders and churches in Evangelism techniques, as well as share the Gospel with others.
- Door to Door (D2D) — through face-to-face Evangelism, we service the community through community canvassing, door-knocker bags, flyer distribution and block parties.
- Creative Arts — we reach the lost through areas of art that include dance, music, song, theater and puppetry.
- Church plants — in conjunction with D2D, selected areas are targeted to expand the ministry of SCCOAN into cities, states or regions.
- Urban Evangelism — Urban Evangelists live in communities within a 3-to-10-mile radius of SCCOAN; they seek to offer Christ through activities such as Bible studies, financial seminars, field trips, block parties and more.